Sunday, June 25, 2017

Estival exertions

It's the layering of vestments that makes my shoulders sag a bit during the summer. I always walk into the sacristy after services drenched. At the same time the parishes themselves sort of sag a bit with a noticeable reduction in altar boys and families. It's also an opportunity to try new stuff. Bringing in practices that might get more resistance in the fullness of in-school months, trying new things out in homilies, getting to small projects during the week. And yet, through it all I'm sweating, surreptitiously wiping my brow, and wondering if Krista West is going to make a set of wicking vestments some day soon.

1 comment:

  1. My priest got a nice set of vestments from Serbia for pretty cheap, and they are very lightweight, like Greek vestments, but cut in the Russian style.

    He loves them.

    ReplyDelete